THINKING ABOUT RETIRING!
CALPERS – RETIREMENT PLANNING SEMINAR
This seminar will provide general information about CalPERS service retirement benefits and eligibility, as well as other available resources to help you plan your retirement.
· What Is CalPERS?
· Retirement Types
· Service Credit
· Retirement Formula and Benefit Factors
· Retirement Calculation and Final Compensation
· Survivor Continuance
· Retirement Payment Options and Examples
· Death Benefits
· Cost of Living Adjustments
View 2017 Calendar – CalPERS Planning Your Retirement Seminars
POST EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM and CalPERS RETIREMENT PLANNING PROCESS
You are invited to attend a County of Riverside retirement planning meeting. All employees who plan to retire within the next year are encouraged to attend. The meetings are designed to help you understand the Post Employment Program (PEP) and the CalPERS retirement process and to assist you with decisions that you will need to make as you approach retirement.
The Retirement Team Members will meet with small groups of employees. Keep in mind that these meetings are based on your bargaining or employee unit. Please be sure to enroll in the appropriate workshop specific to your bargaining or employee unit.
· CalPERS Retirement Allowance Estimate Request
· CalPERS Service Retirement Election Application
· CalPERS Service Credit Purchase Options
· Cost of Living Adjustments
· Leave Accrual Payouts
· Pre-retirement Cash-out of Leave Benefits
· Healthcare Options
· Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Association (VEBA) Health Savings Plan
· 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan and 401(a) Money Purchase Plan
If you are interested in attending a workshop in your area, you must enroll online. Due to limited seating, it is imperative that you register early.
View 2017 Calendar – Post Employment Program Workshops
Retirement Information Line
(951) 955-4981, Option 2
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Schedule An Appointment: http://rchr.checkappointments.com/
Disclosure: The use of paid time for this activity is at the discretion of your Agency/Department Head.
TO ENROLL in an upcoming retirement workshop, please visit: COR Learning Center, log in and follow the instructions provided below:
- Click on TRAINING LOG IN.
- Complete the LOG IN information
- Click on COURSE CATALOG
- Click on the RETIREMENT PLANNING WORKSHOPS folder under course folders.
- Click on either one of two folders: CalPERS RETIREMENT PLANNING or PEP RETIREMENT PLANNING under course folders.
- Click on the appropriate class icon under courses (to the right)
- Choose the date you would like to attend and click ENROLL MYSELF.
Note – if seats are not available, please select another date.
· HR Retirement Benefits Website – Whether you are a new employee just getting familiar with your pension benefits or a long-term employee considering retirement, you will find the information and tools you need in our website. Visit us at http://benefits.rc-hr.com/RetirementPlans.aspx
· my|CalPERS - Secure, self-service website that allows you to quickly and easily access your personal retirement account information. Not registered yet? https://my.calpers.ca.gov/web/ept/public/systemaccess/login/username.html Need Help Registering: Instructions on how to register for a My|CalPERS account.
· my Social Security - Gives you instant access to your Social Security account at any time. Create an account or simply sign in to your existing account https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do.